Scottie Go! teaches programming through gamification.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Scottie Go! Dojo is an interactive AR application for quests creation. It extends the experience of the Scottie Go! Edu app and introduces new possibilities.
Players can use the app to create and share their own quests. It means that teachers can now develop their own educational programming content and use it as a complement to their classes or as a basis for extracurricular activities, tests and competitions. Students can also create their own coding challenges for Scottie to put their knowledge to practice.
To solve the quests, users can:
- work with the code editor in the application(on-screen programming),
- use the programming blocks from the Scottie Go! Edu box and scan them with their own device.
Quests can be solved, saved for later or shared with others via unique QR codes generated in the application.
Note: To ensure that your students can access this application you need to register an account on the Scottie Go! Platform and create their Scottie Go! Dojo user profiles.
The Scottie Go! platform enables the teacher to create and manage licenses and accounts, organize students into project or class groups.After registering the account you will be able to create, view and download login data for the app user profiles. The login data is necessary to access the Scottie Go! Dojo quest creator.
Scottie Go! Dojo helps you plan your own programming curriculum and guide your students through experimentation with their knowledge and creativity:
- Use this quest creator to select the programming concepts and skills you want to teach e.g. during specific classes or extracurricular homeschool activities.
- Create quests at any desired level of difficulty, as well as set and control their quests’ star requirements.
- Engage students in the process of creating quests and lesson scenarios to help them develop critical, logical and creative thinking skills.